Friday, February 27, 2009

WOW part 2.

Another day in the life of adventure, only this one actually happened a week ago.

Scotty and I flew to Phoenix for some wonderful sunshine, and while he does pretty well on planes, he doesn't like confined spaces and often tries to escape into the aisle. This time his favorite trick was trying to fling himself over the back of the seat to join the cute kids sitting behind us. To distract him from the kids, I decided it was snack time. I was planning on graham crackers but he saw the yogurt I had brought through security for him in case we got stuck in the airport and, being the relaxed mom that I am, I decided we could make it work mid-flight, turbulence and all.

Everything went fine for about two bites, and then Scotty realized something was wrong. Normally, he gets to feed himself, and with thick liquids (cottage cheese, yogurt, applesauce, etc.) he actually does really well. BUT, I draw the line at kids feeding themselved sticky yogurt on a shifting airplane, especially when they're still bouncing all over the place and trying to leap over seats. Unfortunately, Scotty realized that I wasn't going to let him feed himself or even hold the yogurt. He quickly rectified the situation...

What you can't tell from this picture (taken hours later, post-nap and in the wind) is that Scotty came off the plane rocking a GREAT new hairstyle, courtesy of wild berry yogurt. Yes that's right, Scotty made a lunge for the yogurt and managed to dump the entire carton on his head in the middle of the flight. The nice guy sitting on the aisle kept Scotty from leaning back into the purple puddle while I scooped up yogurt with baby wipes as best I could.

In case you were wondering, yogurt makes a wonderful hair gel that leaves hair looking soft but with long-lasting hold. As an added bonus, the flavor never gets old! Also attracts cute puppies...

2 thoughts:

Jenae said...

Scotty is so cute and so big. I am glad that you had a good trip to see your parents. Olivia chest is approx. 21" around and she is approx. 19 1/2" from sholder to mid calf. I cant wait to see you all.

Mimi Collett said...

oooooh my! Wow. So was there anyone sitting on his other side, or were you at least spared that? Hehehehe, how funny though (now in retrospect) that it all ended up on his head!