Friday, February 13, 2009

18 Months!

So I meant to post something yesterday on Scotty's half birthday but I was trying to make a video and it's not working. Until then, here are the first 18 months of Scotty:


Current stats:

He weighs 22.5 lbs and is tall enough to pull things off of the bathroom counter when standing on tiptoe.

He has 8 front teeth, four molars, and is cutting two (going on infinity).

He is a social butterfly that thrives on fresh air--i.e. we have to get out of the house everyday, even if it's hailing and 20 below.

His favorite toys are his vacuum, food, and the mama jungle gym.

He spends a lot of time with me and thinks I'm hilarious.

He LOVES nursery and has no separation anxiety whatsoever. He looks strangely at the screaming kids from the top of the slide as if to say: "um, hello, they have snacks here. and a slide." He also loves stickers, and protectively guards his sticker all day, even during naps.

He babbles constantly, and occasionally says real words! Yesterday it was "fshhhh" for goldfish crackers, so he's getting there. He also imitates me a lot more--but only if he can makes the sounds. Pretty much he never says a word until he can say it fairly accurately...sometimes I wonder what keeping from me! His newest signs are "toothbrush", "hat", and "car".

Overall he's a wonderful little monkey to hang out with, and I love being his mom. Holding him is holding a tiny piece of heaven for just a moment...and then he squirms away!


4 thoughts:

Sarah Roberts said...

aww how nice!

Deanna said...

What a cutie! I think he and Azure would have a blast together. Hopefully they can play in 2.5 yrs or so when we're all in PHX :)

Mimi Collett said...

awww happy belated birthday! :) i like the first video when he is imitating you.

Anonymous said...

This is hysterical. The fake laugh as he talks on the phone (to me his Nana) is the funniest thing I've ever heard! Love you.