Thursday, February 5, 2009

One Day

One of my facebook friends posed an interesting question (in honor of Groundhog Day this week!): If you could pick one day of your life to live over and over, which would it be?

My first thought would be the day we had Scotty. The feeling of holding my own beautiful and perfect child in my arms...I had waited so long for that day and I remember feeling so content with life and my perfect family. I just wanted to treasure that moment, put it into a bottle on the shelf and keep it forever.--of course, repeating that day would mean LABOR every day...and I don't remember the second half of the day because I was unconscious, so let's pick a different day!

For our first anniversary, Eric and I roadtripped to California for a week and camped on the beach and went to Disneyland and went snorkeling...except for the sunburn that was a wonderful vacation! Of course, it was pre-Scotty, so now it wouldn't feel as complete. Maybe our cruise to the Bahamas? That was great, but again, Scotty-free.

I think it's impossible to have one perfect day. The best we can hope for is a good moment, every day!

What would your one day be?

3 thoughts:

Sarah Roberts said...

i think it would be our honeymoon in mexico because life seemed so perfect- we were in our own little world and no one knew us it was great!

Mimi Collett said...

I definitely couldn't pick only one day, because I've never had a day where I've seen every single person I loved, so I would miss too many other people if I picked one day, but I really did enjoy thinking about a bunch of my wonderful days while trying to decide!

Deanna said...

My favorite day was my wedding day. Who says you have to know the future if you relive a day in the past? I hope I get to relive that day over again sometime in the eternities (if that's allowed). It was a day that I anticipated for years and it was truly perfect. I would want to relive it not knowing what I know now with all the same emotion and excitement!