Sunday, February 1, 2009

Rachmaninov

For any of you who play piano, you know that the shape and size of a composer's hands affect the music they composed. I LOVE Chopin, and his music feels natural to me. I honestly believe we must have had similarly designed hands. Debussy or Rachmaninov, on the other hand....must have had much larger hands or super-flexible fingers.

I should have tried this technique when I played this song!

3 thoughts:

Lindsay & Nick said...

Thats awesome. How did we go all those years and not come up with junk like that?! I mean seriously, all the stuff we came up with and somthing like that never surfaced? I'm somewhat dissapointed in us. Can you imagaine the looks we would have gotten from your mother over that?! HA! Your dad probably would have just applauded our creative genius. :)

Lindsay said...

That was hilarious! Thanks for sharing!

Mimi Collett said...

That is awesome! At first I was like, what in the world is that other guy doing, and then I figured it out, and then I was amazed at how widely spread apart and long the boards were, and that Rachmaninov expected people to be able to spread their fingers that far! He must have had large hands.