So working at the treament center has exposed Eric and I to things we never wanted to see--including Pokemon and the Land Before Time IV. Those hardships were all worth it the day we discovered Veggie Tales: King George and the Ducky. It tells the story of King David and Bathsheba, but instead of a girl, the king is coveting a rubber ducky...and it has a glorious song called "The Selfish Song" with catchy lyrics like "but it weren't"...maybe you had to have been there to appreciate it.
Anyway, I stumbled upon Veggie Tales Silly Songs today and had to share this. Makes you appreciate the people behind the animated vegetables that tell bible stories--this is obviously written for the parents who sit through hours of low caliber TV for the sake of their children's entertainment.
Why Should You Get Custom Shades?
7 years ago




4 thoughts:
i love veggie tales!
I absolutely, positively love Veggie Tales. I have been a fan ever since MS or HS, and I am proud to say that I have many, many songs memorized. Sometimes I'm embarrassed, because I'm the youngest and am not young enough to have watched them growing up, haha, so it means that I watched them as a teenager, but they're seriously awesome! I'm glad you've discovered them, too.
You've known me for how long and haven't known about veggie tales?! Wow! I'm ashamed of myself. I'm so excited for the day that gavin decides he likes tv so we can let him watch them. Does the silly songs have "big red rubber ball" on it? It's only the best song ever. I mean really "have you ever licked a spark plug have you ever kissed a stinkbug" Those are quality lyrics. I loved veggie tales growing up, and they had one in theaters while we were in hs, I know I went to see it, I guess you weren't along that trip. Anyway, have fun watching them, they are entertaining!
Ok, so I had heard of Veggie Tales. There was even a movie released when I worked at the theater...but I'd never actually watched them! it's craziness, I know, but I've since repented.
Post a Comment