Monday, February 23, 2009

Scotty's trip to the zoo

It wasn't the first--he's been to the Phoenix Zoo (check out the link!) before and Hogle Zoo in Salt Lake, as well as the Denver Zoo (another link!) for zoo lights this Christmas. Still, this was the most fun excursion to the zoo because he's finally old enough to watch the animals instead of the ground or the people :o)


It was a perfect 75 degrees, blue skies and sunshine. Sorry to everyone stuck here in snow! My favorite part was the Siamung monkeys, who were singing a duet loud enough for the entire zoo to hear! If you watch the large palm tree in the background of this video you'll actually see a monkey climb all the way to the top branches...



I always love the orangutans as well.

The baby is three years old and still feisty, so she's a ton of fun to watch.
Reminds me of my little monkey!



Also, the Phoenix Zoo has a petting zoo, and Scotty LOVED petting the goats. Unfortunately all those pictures are on my mom's camera, so mom, I know you're reading this: send me those pics! I love you! Thanks for spoiling us...

2 thoughts:

Anonymous said...

Missing you. Timbre is still looking for Scotty.

Mimi Collett said...

I am slightly jealous of your 75 degree weather, but I think you may have brought some of the warmth back with you, because it sure was nice today and yesterday!