Wow, we really kept you guessing! Here are the answers:
Eric:
has never been off the North American continent (true). We've taken a few excursions to Mexican border towns and a cruise off the coast of Florida. He spoke Portuguese on his mission--in Toronto, Canada. He has never even had a passport!
has been skydiving (true). He went with a friend after graduating from high school. I'm sure he would do it again if he didn't have responsibilities like a wife and son.
has NOT already filed our 2009 tax return (fraud!). This is tricky, because he began working out our taxes in December, but he hasn't been able to actually file yet because he's still waiting for a single W-2. He anxiously checks the mail daily.
Meg:
has never read a Jane Austen novel (true). Crazy, isn't it? Even more bizarre, I have never seen any of the movies either! Barring the LDS version of Pride & Prejudice, which I don't think really counts as Jane Austen. I AM in the middle of Pride & Prejudice right now, so this one will likely be untrue as of next week. The verdict is still out on whether I like it or not.
canNOT do the splits all three ways (fraud!) I'm sure this comes as a surprise to anyone who's known me forever, because I always could! BUT, I just checked last night and with a thirty second warmup I can do right and left splits, but not middle. Not since having Scotty! For the record, I could still do middle splits when I was seven months pregnant.
wants to get Scuba certified (true). I love snorkeling and was obsessed with the ocean growing up--my amazing mom even let me paint my walls blue/green and stencil sea life all over my room. She even painted a 3 foot-long orca and it's calf on my wall! So yes, I want to get Scuba certified before Eric and I take another cruise so I can really see what's out there. No, I do not EVER plan to dive with sharks.
Scotty:
hates mashed potatoes (true). He's picky about textures and can detect any hint of mashed potato no matter what I've mixed it with. He does, however, like french fries as long as he has something to dip them in.
hates getting his hands dirty (true). One of his first coordinated gestures--before clapping his hands or waving goodbye--was brushing his hands off. As much as this kid loves food, if he gets jam on those little fingers he drops the sandwich immediately and freaks out until they get wiped. He doesn't mind food on his face, however!
LIKES going to bed (fraud!) Who would have thought, after all our creative parenting techniques when he was tiny (involving swings, swaddling, radio static, flashlights, pacifier catchers, etc.) that he would voluntarily put himself to bed almost every night? He'll pick up Ruffles, the dog he sleeps with, wave us goodbye, blow kisses, and go try to climb into his crib. Sometimes he plays for awhile and occasionally he still needs to cry himself to sleep for a few minutes, but he loves his routine and he likes sleeping at night. Naps are often a different story!
Thanks for playing! How did you do? I'm curious to see how well I know any of you...anyone else want to start Two Truths and a Fraud?
Why Should You Get Custom Shades?
7 years ago





2 thoughts:
My favorite Jane Austen book is Persuasion if you end up deciding you like them. :) I can lend it to you.
how fun meg!
Post a Comment