Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Wonderland


Well, the snow still hasn't completely melted around here...it's practically impossible to push a stroller around!

We've had a few fun adventures since we got back in town. First, we went to the BYU women's gymnastics home opener which was a lot fun. The team is really young this year so we'll see how the season turns out, but we had a good time with friends and Scotty got to meet Cosmo!
He was mesmerized and fascinated...but a little hesitant to be so close to such a vicious animal ;o) Notice the death grip he has on Eric's shirt!

Scotty has also picked up some new tricks since we got back. He still doesn't talk much (except he gets "Yeah" and "no" exactly backwards...) but he signs a lot now so I'm getting picky. Now I won't give him food unless he signs "more food please" He has added sounds to each sign that he sings without fail--too bad they don't sound anything like the words! He's also cutting the last molar and his final front tooth! Still totally crooked and i'm sure we're headed for braces down the road.
He's perfecting his punk rock look to match his teething attitude.

He is also teaching himself to swim in the bathtub. It involves lots of splashing and giggling, as well as seeing how long he can hold his face under water...and give mom panic attacks!









He also likes to stand up and sign "all done"--but when I reach for him he belly flops back down in the water laughing!

5 thoughts:

Deanna said...

I love the death grip! Hilarious! He's such a cutie with spiked hair. I am impressed with his swimming. Azure is taking swimming lessons right now and is having issues putting her face underwater. I'm sure Scotty would do great! The first pic makes me nostalgic of our old place just down the road. Though I only miss the snow a tiny bit. Ok, I'd just like to see it and then go home :)

Anonymous said...

So cute - look at my Biscotti's bright blue eyes! It was good talking to you this morning darling. Can't wait to see you - Friday!!

Sarah Roberts said...

he is so adorable and has the most gorgeous eyes!

Taylor said...

Wow-impressive 3 signs in a row, Scotty. Good Job.

Mimi Collett said...

Aahhhh I am so jealous of the Cosmo picture! I have wanted one the whole time I've been out here, and now I'm running out of time! I would have a death grip on Cosmo!