We've had some fun adventures in the past week! Thursday we went to the pool for the first time this summer (swim lessons were indoors). Scotty is so much bigger!

I couldn't help but notice that he can now walk anywhere he wants in the kid area, whereas last year he was limited by how long he could hold his breath while crawling under water. He especially loved the slide, though it was a little chilly and he was getting goosebumps. He didn't seem to mind, or even notice, and I finally had to tear him away.

Even better, Eric got to take a few hours off work and come with us! This swimsuit was my birthday present--custom fit to handle toddler abuse.

Friday afternoon we went to the Oquirrh Mountain temple open house. Despite the huge wind/sandstorm, we had a really nice time. Scotty loved to point out Jesus in all the pictures, which was touching for me.

My mom is a picture fanatic and always gets great, artistic temple shots. The sky was grey from the storm and I couldn't walk very far holding my skirt tight around my legs (skirts and winds are not a good combination!) But hey, I tried.

We also got to eat at Sweet Tomatoes, which is a family favorite. It will be nice to have one down the street and not have to drive to Sandy every time I'm craving cornbread!
Saturday Eric had class in Salt Lake all day preparing for the CPA exam, so Scotty and I did fun things around the house like water our "lawn" (though to our credit there are a few bits of green grass coming up!) and refinish the kitchen floor. He was such a good helper :o) We went to the Discovery Gateway museum in Salt Lake for a few hours before picking Eric up. After he got past the tantrum of having to wear something on his wrist, Scotty had a good time.
Scroll the mouse over the pictures to see the captions.
2 thoughts:
What a perfect and obedient daughter you are Meg. I ask for pictures and you post these only hours later. Great!!
Two things: your photographer link doesn't work (at least for me) from Meg's Magic.
And can you please ask Martha to email me a link to her blog? I tried to sign up to see her new baby, but it is private.
Thnx & mucho love.
They also should send me a resume to pass around to the jillion attorneys I know . . .
Post a Comment