Monday, June 22, 2009

Daddy Day

Scotty gave us the best Father's Day present yesterday: he slept in till 9am. Of course, I hadn't planned on that miracle, so I hadn't set an alarm. Still, I managed to make Eric french toast breakfast in bed, jump in the shower, mostly figure out how to do my hair without looking like a mushroom, and make it to church to accompany choir practice by 10am. Whew!

Eric didn't want any presents, so I practiced restraint. I finally found a nice bag to replace the duffel bag he currently hauls to the temple :o) Mostly I bought things for Scotty so he could look just like his daddy, including miniature black wingtips and a nice white button shirt.

This picture is a better summation of our day:

Check out that loving face!

We also decided to make a huge Father's Day card for Eric via a candy bar poster. Scotty helped me pick out candy as we walked around the store to write a creative message of love and appreciation.


Of course, Eric really only likes Reese's, and that's a hard word to incorporate, so we improvised.

We love you, Eric!

2 thoughts:

Hannah Neville McMillan said...

scotty is SOOO cute in that outfit!

Anonymous said...

Adorable family - love the face. And your Reeses candy bar card is great & hilarious! It Reeses-ly tells the story :)