1. stuffed animal collection. This kid sleeps with three dogs, a moose, and a sheep. He CAN'T sleep without his Ruffles (a stuffed dog). Whenever Eric is gone, I sleep with a stuffed animal so I don't get lonely...and I still have a few boxes full of my favorite stuffed animals at my parents house that I can't bring myself to get rid of.

2. playing the piano. While Scotty thinks the guitar is cool, he never attempts to play. The piano, on the other hand, is one of his favorite toys. He even pauses to turn pages in the middle of his masterpiece.

3. dumb injuries. I definitely take the cake when it comes to the number of broken bones, and almost every injury was accompanied by a silly story. Yes, I was a competitive gymnast--but my broken foot came from stepping off a stool and I once cut the corner off of my toe by accidentally kicking a door as I was running to pick up the phone. Scotty bashed his nose on a concrete step at the treatment center this weekend--he was falling backward and overcorrected. Poor little boy! what a weekend...

4. passion for shoes. Scotty loves to pull shoes out of my box in his room and strut around the front room. His favorite pair is my hot red heels!

5. best moment of the day: when Eric comes home! Scotty usually beats me to the door to give hugs and kisses--and he always breaks into hysterical giggles when daddy picks him up.

6. dancing skills. Don't get me wrong, Eric picked up some serious ballroom talent after his mission, but Scotty hasn't mastered correct dance position yet. Right now, his best efforts are modern, interpretative, and tap.
7. appreciation of some good pampering. This kid lives for a good back scratch. Last conference weekend we had a girls pedicure party during the Priesthood session and Scotty did not want to miss out.
I painted my toenails a few days ago and Scotty was so fascinated with the nail polish I finally caved and painted his big toe. Of course, he couldn't leave it alone so now it just looks like a bloody scab....yikes! He also loves my hair stuff--in fact, he's brushing my hair while I type this.8. talking to my mom. Scotty brings me the phone and says "nan! nan!" at least once a day. He loves talking to my mom and sharing his woes as much as I do.

9. The Little Mermaid. Obviously, it's Scotty favorite movie, but I actually didn't bias him into liking it. Even though I thought I was Ariel growing up, because I have red hair, spent all summer in the pool being a mermaid, loved to sing, and even hosted my own Little Mermaid birthday party...not to mention marrying my own Prince Eric!
10. visiting the neighbors. While Eric likes to unwind on the couch with food or a movie, Scotty and I recharge by getting out! Besides visiting the ducks, Scotty loves to go play with the cute girls next door. The moms on the block save my sanity by welcoming my surprise visits and letting my little monkey trash their houses--thanks Annicka, Martha, and Christine (and Eliza, Marian, and Callie!)

The list could go on, including doing housework, always having cold feet, and thinking we look dumb in hats...




2 thoughts:
I didn't realize the similarities you have with Ariel. I especially like that you married someone named Eric! Too funny.
Scotty is adorable!
Oh my poor Scotty's nose. Remember Andrew broke his nose on a concrete step when he was only 3? Watch out! And call your Mom anytime . . .
Post a Comment