Even more ways that Scotty is just like Eric:
1. magic sleeping abilities. When Scotty was brand new, my mom and I passed a screaming Scotty over his comatose body. Just last week, Scotty slept through our Rock Band marathon and the ensuing chaos and hilarity.

2. neither can sleep with socks on. Every time I get scotty from a nap, the first things he hands me are his socks. I wonder how he manages to sleep with footed pajamas!
3. did I mention that they both snore? I never had to worry about Scotty as a newborn, or check to see if he was still breathing because of his reassuring baby snores. Eric, on the other hand, has been known to startle us BOTH awake with sudden bursts of nasal harmony.
4. Loving me! they both give the most comforting hugs and the best kisses. I didn't like kissing before Eric came along, and while Scotty is juicier, he melts my heart by showering me with love and affection.

5. disinterest in books. I am a classic bookworm. Avid reader and writer. Burn through a book a week. Scotty? Occasionally he'll look at the picture. Usually he just stacks his books up so he can get into the higher shelves and cupboards. Eric reads for school all the time, but for fun? Not since I've known him...
6. love of gadgets. The first thing Scotty crawled for was my camera and then the cell phone. He's known how to work the remote control since he could graps things. Eric happily spends hours wandering around Best Buy just looking at gadgets he would never buy.
7. they are both ticklish! They only person who could ever tickle me was my brother and this is a common sore point with Eric. He is so ticklish that a back massage or an accidental gentle brush can trigger involuntary twitching. Scotty wriggles up his shoulders and giggles hysterically when we use the clippers to cut his hair!
8. passion for fruit snacks. Whenever I buy fruit snacks for Scotty I have to ration a certain portion out for Eric. They often share a snack--who ever is being sweeter gets the larger half of the package!
9. the daredevil gene. Now I consider myself adventurous and am willing to try plenty of things that require courage or fortitude. But plunging off the couch head first? All Scotty. Next he'll want to jump out of an airplane...oh wait, Eric already did that.
10. gorgeous blue eyes and long eyelashes! I'm jealous of them both for their eyelashes.

This list could go on and on, including aggressive driving tendencies, music loving, and sound effect abilities....




2 thoughts:
Dad has the answer: blue eyes
So true - Eric has the most amazing long curly eyelashes. No wonder the women were chsing him for years . . .
Misty has the long super thick and dark ones that mean never needing mascara. It's just wrong that my eyelashes are skin colored!
Post a Comment