Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Gray Days

I am grateful for:

baby tylenol, for making me feel less helpless when my child is hurting; the occasional mid-day nap; an education program that actually fits my schedule!; an amazing husband who always recognizes and appreciates even the tiniest accomplishment; keeping in touch with friends and family through blogs; music--it makes me happier, keeps me going, and accompanies my housecleaning; Mr. Dallin and Mr. Brandon for hosting story time and entertaining Scotty several times a week; neighbors who are home with kids and don't mind surprise visits!; random freebies on campus; ducks that never tire of bread crumbs; sweet little baby hugs (including crusty jam fingers and snotty noses); 409; a nice hot shower on a cold day; warm socks; The Little Mermaid, the cure-all of last resort parenting; Scotty, for still loving me even when I feel like a bad mom; a washer and dryer in my house!




"I have discovered that life is not a series of great heroic acts. Life at its best is a matter of consistent goodness and decency, doing without fanfare that which needed to be done when it needed to be done. I have observed that it is not the geniuses that make the differences in this world. I have observed that the work of the world is done largely by men and women of ordinary talent who have worked in an extraordinary manner."

--Gordon B. Hinckley

4 thoughts:

Megan said...

I really like that quote, I hope it's ok if I steal it from you.

Brooke said...

Great post. I needed that today! Thanks Meg!

Taylor said...

How funny! Mad's favorite movie is little mermaid too. Of course, she is afraid of all the Ursula parts AND the chef parts so I pretty much have to watch it with her in order to edit the content. ugh.

Anonymous said...

Just a note on the baby tylenol (which I'm grateful for too!) Our doctor suggested that we use children's liquid tylenol because it's cheaper. Even though the packaging has doses for ages 2 and up, the doctor said just go by weight, so we use less than the smallest dose listed on the package, (filled to between 3/4 and 1 teaspoon for 20 lbs.) but it works great and the bottle lasts a lot longer!