Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Grandpa Hepworth's 80th Birthday Party!

My mom's dad turned 80 this past week, and we had a big family party for him on Saturday night. Everyone brought incredible desserts and we put on a family program for him.

Scotty bonded with my cousins, especially Stuart, who told jokes and made Grandpa laugh.

My favorite: Why do seagulls fly over the sea and not the bay?

Because if they flew over the bay we'd have to call them bagels!

We all shared our favorite memories and thoughts about Grandpa.
I sang "Pure as Prayer," a song my mom wrote for her parents for their 49/50th anniversary.

My aunt Melanie made a great collage poster of the family to hang on the wall in his room.
I gave them the book I've been making for them. In 2006, I interviewed them about their love story for a family history class I taking. I transcribed the whole thing and picked the best parts for this book, along with pictures.

Scotty had a great time seeing his G-Grandpa and the other residents. My Grandpa has been in a nursing home since last fall and the people there love to see little kids running around. Scotty was especially sweet with all of them, blowing kisses and voluntarily giving hugs.

Here we are joking about my Grandpa leaning to the right like the true conservative he is...
And this is my grandma's wedding dress--which she still fits into!
This lady is amazing and takes such good care of the entire family.

1 thoughts:

Mimi Collett said...

Wow. I already don't fit into my wedding dress. I am way impressed.

That looked like so much fun! I am missing my grandparents now. I'm happy that you got to see so many family members for such a happy occasion!