Ok, so Scotty has been a little behind the talking curve, but he's up on his game when it comes to sound effects! Driving Eric to campus the other day we even heard beat-boxing coming from the backseat... right now he's really into imitation so we're teaching him important life skills, like howling at the moon and the wolf whistle.
He is starting to say more words in English (and not just sign language), including ball, dog, and fish. I can tell that he gets what he's saying because he'll say the word while he's signing.
Other than Scotty's antics, life is pretty much the same here in the Larsen household. Eric is swamped with presentations, tests, and papers leading up to graduation in just a few weeks. He starts his first CPA review course the day of commencement and will be putting in more hours at work this summer, so no breaks there! We are still working a weekend a month at the treatment center, including last weekend and this weekend. I've also been picking up some extra hours as the live-in couple just quit and we're waiting to get a new couple moved in and trained. It feels nice to have a little extra income, and I pretty much do the same thing there as I do at home--and get paid for it. Scotty LOVES it there and keeps himself occupied with the other kids and all the toys, and he loves the playground out back. Makes me wish we had a playground and a fence in our backyard! Someday...
In other news, I took my AEPA Chemistry test last weekend to get certified to teach high school chemistry. Assuming I passed (and I'm pretty sure I did), they'll submit my application to the districts in Phoenix and I'll finally know where I'll be student teaching in the fall! It's all starting to seem very real.
WOW this is a really dry laundry list of life's boring details. On a fun note, I read a book last week that I found really interesting: How We Decide, by Jonah Lehrer
It reminded me of Blink, by Malcolm Gladwell. If you haven't read Blink, you definitely should!
Why Should You Get Custom Shades?
7 years ago





4 thoughts:
That's very exciting about teaching in the fall! We also just worked (for the first time in a long time) at the FSTC last night, and now that Isaac can walk, it is much more fun for all or us (I no longer worry about him as much since he's just one of the kids with the other children there instead of a squishable baby!)
Christopher loves making sound effects & makes more of those than words too (though the words are suddenly increasing)! That's exciting that you are getting your teaching license! Congrats! :)
Just one word: Whew!
That's great about the chemistry test! My favorite teacher in high school was my chemistry teacher. Science is my least favorite subject, but he was so great, I actually took chemistry and then second year/AP too just to have him again. Thank goodness the AP test results were separate from my normal test results in that class! Congratulations on getting closer to the future/next step! :)
Post a Comment