I find myself rewriting my definition of a friend as life goes on.
It used to be that a friend was someone who shared her candy and invited you over to play.
Then a friend was someone to sit by at lunch who wouldn't laugh at a bad hair day.
In high school a friend was someone to confide in, who would tell you when you were being a jerk and had food in your teeth.
When I got married, a friend was any couple both Eric and I liked spending time with.
When I was pregnant, a friend was someone who would tell you how beautiful you looked and would drop everything to come over and paint your toenails.
With a newborn, a friend was anyone willing to hold your squirming baby so you could have just a minute to go to the bathroom alone.
Today, a friend was someone willing to come watch my baby in the bath so I could clean the oatmeal he barfed up all over the house.
Thanks, Katie.
Why Should You Get Custom Shades?
7 years ago




3 thoughts:
oh wow! is he ok? If you need anything ,you know i'm there for ya! katie is awesome :)
Anytime!! I know you'd do the same for me! Plus, you didn't make fun of my WILD hair -- now THAT'S friendship!! :)
Those are great definitions, and aww I hope he isn't sick!
Post a Comment