Sunday, March 22, 2009

Irresponsibility is still important.

Sometimes, even as parents, we still need to be totally irresponsible. Eat ice cream straight from the carton. Serve the family chocolate chip pancakes for dinner. Play the 84 song Endless Setlist in Rock Band. Starting at 9 pm. With only four band members and therefore, no substitutions. While your child is sleeping 10 feet away.


Come to think of it, Scotty could have woken up now and then and we wouldn't have heard it over the rocking or the laughter. Besides, we conquered.
We have achieved Legendary Status.

The whole Larsen gang. After watching for hours, we even got mom to jump in and sing a few! Plus, she stayed up with us almost the entire night. Yet somehow, the magic house elves cleaned my kitchen and did all the dishes before I dragged myself out of bed...

To our credit, we thought we could stop and save at anytime when we decided to start the set. When we realized we couldn't, we had already completed 43 songs. It only took 7 hours, including a midnight Wendy's refresher. And a few 1am phone calls to Stephen and Bekah to come sub out with us.I love this picture because you can see what time it is: 3:10 am. We finished at 4:30.

Famous last words: "Who's going to get up with Scotty in three hours?"

To our Amazing Rock Band-ites: We Salute You. Staci rocked the bass for at least 3/4 of the songs. Brent saved us with his awesome drumming skills (especially Raptor style). Eric switched it up a bit to give breaks but mostly nailed the awesome guitar solos. And, I discovered a new skill: I can fudge my way singing songs I've never even heard before...and therefore ended up singing at least 60 songs. And I still have a voice today!

Favorite moments:

Eric screaming "this is the longest song in the world and it never ends" lyrics into the mic and getting 100% on hard.

Brent drumming with his elbows scrunched up like a raptor/chicken and making us all laugh.

Meg singing "We're Deeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaadddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd" for a full minute of actual lyrics while everyone else is cracking up. Do you know how hard it is to keep singing when you're laughing and can't breathe? and those were the real lyrics!

Staci singing some heavy metal song about running from death and small creatures and having to guess at the super fast lyrics...especially funny to me because it was 3 am. And I was sitting on the floor doing CPR playing the bass pedal to help Brent out so his leg didn't fall off.

6 thoughts:

Lauren said...

How awesome! What a night! I don't even think I could stay up that late anymore... Good job!

Anonymous said...

Wahoo! You go Leanne!

Mimi Collett said...

That is very, very impressive!

Bekah said...

ok first of all, get that dorky picture of me off of here! haha just kidding...secondly, I know it wasn't that same night, but you really need to put what mom did on Sunday night...that's priceless!

Martha said...

Wow, I am impressed. I for sure would have wimped out. You guys are such party animals!

Megan said...

is that Leanne in her jammies? you guys are a wild bunch.