I believe daylight savings was created by the housecleaning elves for one purpose: to force me to dust my clocks twice a year.
Having grown up with plenty of daylight in Arizona, we never felt the need to force our bodies to adapt to unnatural time changes semiannually. Even after 7 years in Utah it still strikes me as odd. The only thing I've gotten better at is remembering how to change the clock radio in my car. Since having a child, the concept of deciding the time has changed strikes me as even more bizarre. Every fall we turn to our children and say: "guess what! you get to sleep in tomorrow! fall back!" and they of course proceed to wake up at the exact same time as always as kids are not so easily fooled. As parents, we respond with patience and maturity by gasping in horror at the clock that now reads 6:05. Eventually, they adjust to the time change in bedtime and nap schedules just in time to spring forward again.
When did science decide that politicians should have a say in natural phenomena like sunrises? I want a recount.
Why Should You Get Custom Shades?
7 years ago




6 thoughts:
I agree. And they think WE Arizonans are weird. Hello, we don't change time.
Haha. I was just thinking the same thing...oh great, now we have to either put Madelyn down and just listen to her cry for an extra hour or let her stay up later. Stupid daylight savings!
I am proud of Arizona for staying strong. Indiana finally caved after I came to BYU (I think it was in 2005) and started doing Daylight Savings Time. If we were allowed to vote on it, I would definitely vote against.
science didn't say politicians should have a say, politicians said they should have a say. Is Hawaii the only other state that doesn't do it now? Gah, I sure hate the spring forward.
How 'bout we just set the clock back an hour BOTH times?
Meg, you can definitely put it on your blog. And if you're curious, I added a new post about it as well. I went to lds.org to see what the Church had to say about it and included that (in the new post). Basically that the Church as an institution would not call for a boycott, and that individual members have the right to do as they believe is right and to always act as Christ would and respond with dignity and thoughtfulness. (Although, I did feel more like following Christ's example when cleaning the Temple.) ;) (That's more of a joke though.)
Post a Comment