
Well, this last month has been an interesting one... he is exerting his independence and gets VERY frustrated if something doesn't work the way he wants it to. For instance, as I'm writing this, he is trying to put his Scotty dog through the bars of the rocking chair. It actually will fit (though I doubt the dog likes it much!) but unfortunately he is trying to pull the head through one space and the tail through another...screaming and pouting ensues.
Once I jump in and tweak the problem just a bit so he can fix it on his own, all is well again. For about two minutes until something else is defeating him.
He has also managed to jump into and out of the tub once this week, with me barely managing to snag him by the ankles before he slams his head onto the ground. What an adventure!

Favorite book: the touch and see Alphabet book (thanks Sarah!)
Favorite toy: his stuffed Mickey Mouse that he likes to cuddle. and spoons, of course.
Favorite things to do: splash in the bath, go for walks, chase Daddy around the house, and walk out the front door. you'll notice that eating does NOT make this list--he's in some weird picky phase! I have no experience with this so it's driving me nuts :o) today, he only wants to eat cottage cheese. I tried to sneak a small piece of pear into a bite and he responded by throwing himself on the ground and screaming. Interesting, for a kid who eats bugs and mud to get picky about fruits! I'm trying not to acknowledge or respond to the screaming, and it seems like he's better at getting over it on his own...
New word: "Yeah" it's so cute! I ask him if he wants to go for a walk and he says "Yeah" all casual.
New trick: imitating everything I do. He's my little helper around the house, he brushes his teeth when he sees Daddy do it, and he imitates the sounds we make. He is also working on that finger-in-the-cheek-popping noise. Does that have a name? Anyway, right now he flicks his finger out of his mouth and says "ba." It's almost the same thing :o) He also talks on the phone. If you want a cute phone call to cheer you up, just let me know and I'll have Scotty call you!




5 thoughts:
That's so fun! I'm excited to see Christopher keep learning things when I read about all Scotty can do. By the way, I feel exactly the same way about the picky eating thing - Chris usually prefers dirt, rocks, and sticks to real food any day...I don't get it!
hahaha...Oh man, I can totally relate on the "things not going just right". Jack gets REALLY frustrated when something isn't working out just right. Like the pots fell before he got them in the position he wanted, his sister swiped a toy he was eying before he even got close to it, or my personal favorite right now, SOCKS!
He has always gone sans socks, but its getting cold and he's starting to walk so I put socks on him. He HATES it, kicks, screams, yanks at them, you name it...
So sorry about his stubbornness. I can't think where he got it. Not from mild mannered Eric. And DEFINITELY not from Meg. Ha! I loved my conversation with Scotty today. "Yeah?" I asked. "Yeah," he replied. Deep profound love was exchanged.
I love you too,
Mom
I love his blue hair in the first picture! :) Sorry about the picky food thing. :( He looks so cute in his crib though!
how fun Meg:) I am glad he likes that book.
Post a Comment