Thursday, September 11, 2008

I'm grateful for...

It's been one of those weeks--I can only blame it on teething and hope that sooner or later it goes away!

Rather than dwell on it all, I thought I'd resort to a fabulous little trick I learned from Eric back when we were lowly and immature freshman (ha not much has changed!) In abridged form and no particular order, here is my
"I am grateful for..." list today:

pictures of cute babies with sweet smiles...animal-shaped clouds...friends willing to babysit crazy children...eric singing his "Ode to Cougar Football" to the tune of "O, Canada" in the shower...scotty walking around like Frankenbaby...afternoon naps!...fuzzy slippers...earrings that make me feel stylish even on days i didn't get to shower or brush my hair...having family close by!...amazing sunsets...
Elder Uchtdorf's talk during regional conference (I felt more peaceful than i have since this whole hyperstress thing began!)...my little helper...


feeling like i have sisters for the first time ever (thanks Bekah and Misty!)...being able to continue my education in something i LOVE...a supportive husband who lets me talk and makes a special trip for ice cream whenever he thinks it might help...phone calls with my mom!...the world's best mother-in-law...

being able to laugh at myself when i say things like "thank you for bringing mama the toilet brush! let's go put it back in the bathroom"...sweet Scotty hugs from a boy who thinks he's "all grown up" already...

warm bubble baths...shaved legs and brushed hair!...painted toenails...walks in the sunshine...BYU football (it always makes Eric so happy!)...being married to my best friend...DATE NIGHT!...ice cream...fruity pebbles...ice cream...game time with friends...Inside Out's "Primary Colors" cd that always makes Scotty happy...everyone who says "hi" to me and makes me feel important!...a wonderful ward...my dad praying for scotty's teeth to come in :o)...
ice cream (have i mentioned that yet?)...and EVERYONE reading this blog! Thank you for all you mean to me!

If we can do anything to make your day brighter--let us know!

6 thoughts:

Grant, Sarah, Edwin, and Leland said...

We are of the same heart. I LOVE ICE CREAM. I usto eat ice cream for breakfast and probably still would if my head would just stop telling me "no".
To give you an example of how much I love ice cream: I worked for Baskin Robbins for three years and would, at least once a week, get a pint of ice cream and I would shove the ice cream in, up to the rim, and halfway through shoving the ice cream in I would either pour hot fudge or caramel to help the ice cream melt and get to the air spots and fill it in; I now go through the grocery store ads weekly and look for good buys on ice cream, just last week there was buy one get one free, so I bought four; and usually our freezer is filled with ice cream and nothing else.
I hope I don't sound too extreme but I love ice cream, oh yeah, one more example: my doctor was worried Edwin might be allerigic to dairy, so we did some tests and he' not thankfully; but if he was, my biggest concern, right under Edwin's health, was that I wouldn't be able to eat ice cream for a while.
Ok, that was a long comment, lol. I hope you have a wonderful day.

RAL said...

Good idea Meg. Sometimes it is easy to get lost in the woes of the day or the week. I like this so yay for Eric! :) I actually remember an apartment prayer that you had mentioned us all going around and having an I am grateful moment :)

Sarah Roberts said...

love you lots MEgs!!!Thanks for always coming and visiting me in the lab:) it makes my day:)

Lindsay & Nick said...

gavin has those same stacking blocks.. he is in love with them.. he also loves his ride on airplane from aunt lisa.. and the fun songs it sings while the propeler is going.. I found myself walkign through target singing the "flying song" trying to figure out what the heck it was from.. then it dawned on me. I was so proud.

Unknown said...

Hey darling, thanks for including me on your "grateful" list. (And not on the crazed people I want to escape from list). I'm honored :)
Wonderful list, wonderful idea.
I love you,
Mom

p.s. I LOVE the Scotty sweeping video - wow he is totally walking like a big kid now. That happened fast.
Proud Nana

p.p.s. When you called me the other day, with Scotty "appealing to a higher power (Nana), I want you to know I told my little Biscotti to be nice to his Mama. That she is not only bigger but smarter!

Mimi Collett said...

Let me know if you need a babysitter sometime! 765 749 0539