Tuesday, October 26, 2010

A Year in Review

I conducted an interesting experiment today that saved my sanity. It's been a long week with at least one kid crying at all times and very little sleep for any of us, though I'm the only one with an excuse (kids are keeping me up all night!). So I sorted my facebook profile by my status updates, which usually share funny scotty sayings or things that will be funny to me in a few years. Or lots of whining...hmm, I should work on that! Enjoy 2010 (thus far) in review:

January

maybe i'm starting to get used to be an accounting widow....or maybe that's just the chinese food i didn't have to cook talking...

Scotty just shattered an entire gallon bottle of vanilla on the floor. It smells wonderfully Christmasy around here! Much simpler than baking.

February

love watching the Olympics with Scotty. "I want to see the spaceship again, vroom vroom!" he says. He does make a valid point about bobsled...

Scotty spent the whole morning telling me that he would get to hear the "baby's heartbeeps" today....for some reason he doesn't seem as excited now! I think he's starting to realize that he's not getting a dolphin for a sibling.

April

Pregnancy is amazing--been throwing up for 20 weeks and still have managed to gain 12 pounds, right on track. Maybe because I'm self-medicating with ice cream?

Do you ever wonder what bizarre things your behavior teaches your children? Scotty is currently standing next to me and chanting "yay, mama! Throw up again!"

I feel so good today! I actually enjoy the idea and taste of food! so of course i'm binging on Easter candy...

maybe i take scotty shopping too much? he's currently "scanning" my credit card through the computer keyboard....

Scotty thinks the beeping noise construction trucks make when they back up is actually saying "move, move, move, move...." The kid does have a point.

May 

Sat down to play piano today for the first time in awhile...and when I finished Scotty looked at me and said, "that's a pretty song, mama. I liked it." I think that is all the encouragement I need to start practicing again!

i think i've given up on potty training. Plan B: Put Scotty in daycare for a few weeks and let them teach him as I am making absolutely no progress. Plan C? Have "Elder Larsen" embossed on a package of extra large pampers.

nausea, we are no longer friends. from now on, i will no longer even be civil. please don't retaliate.

June

note to Eric: we need a toolbox that LOCKS. or at least sits on a very high shelf :o)

survival = success. happy thursday everyone.

July

i think i have the best husband in the world. nothing says true love like a late night Wendy's run for chicken sandwiches ;o)

FINALLY back from jury duty. Surprised it took all day to decide that having a pregnant lady decide a case that might extend PAST her due date is a bad idea....

August

you know you're a professional mom when spending 2 hours at the DMV counts as "doing something productive"

Happy Birthday to Scotty! Can't believe he's already three and I'm about to start over with a newborn....of course he doesn't know it's his birthday as we celebrated a few weeks ago and if I tell him he'll expect cake :o)

sent the boys off to the Diamondbacks game. hmm, what to do for our first girls' night in? i'm thinking chic flick.

Dearest Darling Alyssa: the sun has gone to bed, and so must I. And therefore you, as well. So stop batting those bright baby eyes at me!

September

I am a much better mom on days that begin at 8:30 instead of 6. If only this happened every day!

two kids: super fun and easy. And sometimes I actually mean that! like right now, when they're both finally sleeping. chocolate, anyone?

got a flu shot today and it HURT. still aches actually...since when did i become a total wimp? six weeks ago i had a baby without meds and now i'm whining about a flu shot? lame.

I turned around to discover a large half watermelon sitting on the kitchen counter. "Don't worry mama," says my 3 year old Scotty while balanced on a kitchen chair, "I used two hands."

October

both kids AND the dog we're watching are asleep, and I'm on facebook?! I must be totally losing my mind. Time for SLEEP!

can Allstate protect me from mayhem like my toddler? i'll pay extra.

I snapped at Scotty after he purposefully dumped an entire bag of goldfish on the floor and he looked at me and said "Chillax, mama, I'll clean them up."

I wonder what he'll say tomorrow.... :o)

2 thoughts:

Sarah Ewell said...

Meg, that was a fun read. It's fun to see the different things you were going through through the year so far. That's a great way to make a record!

Anonymous said...

Loving the purple blog design and buttons. Super cute!!