Monday, October 18, 2010

Home Decor

also known as "I love Goodwill."

Check out the latest updates here in the Larsen house. I finally solved the superheated-kitchen-in-the-morning problem for cheaper than replacing all the blinds in the house.

before. though there isn't always a man standing on my counter.

after!

voila! Green curtains that match the color of the wall and add a little bit of color in addition to blocking out the light. Totally worth $3.99.

This wasn't my first try at green curtains, however. The first set, while nice, was much too big for this window and a little more sage in tone.... and therefore a perfect fit right here.
before. there is often a little man flopped on my nice couch, much to my chagrin.

after! i plan to use ribbon to tie the sides back after i stitch the top panels together.
The curtains were $3.99 each (goodwill) and the pillows $2.99 each (savers). I especially love goodwill because I always have a 20% off coupon anytime I spend more than $10, and there is NO sales tax. Sales tax in Chandler is now almost 9% so that makes a big difference.

I also found this bedskirt for Scotty's bed, which at $3.99 was much cheaper than the one I was planning on making!
ignore all the things on the floor....just focus on the construction trucks!
The plan for painting Scotty's room is green rolling hills with a road border, so this is PERFECT.

We've been a little picture happy around here with our cute new addition, so we'll be swapping out and rearranging almost every picture in our house. First, though, we wanted to make a special display about temples, the focus of our family home evening for the past month. I think it turned out great! (I love those $10 off Kohl's coupons!)

Scotty is particularly fond of this one and likes to point out all the temples.

0 thoughts: