Monday, October 25, 2010

Learning to Pose

No, I didn't forget cute outfit friday. I just was a little preoccupied last week with potty training. Yes, that's right, Scotty is finally potty trained! I say finally because he turned 3 a few months ago and also because I spent weeks working with him at the beginning of the year with no progress. This time around it took 3 days and he caught right on. He hasn't had an accident in two days, including naps and nighttime so I think we're in great shape! He still had no interest or motivation to be "a big kid" but cutting out the diapers completely seemed to work fine.

Friday night we took him out to Red Robin to celebrate. It ended up being a dinner full of miscues as Alyssa was hysterical. Eric scarfed his food down while I held/rocked/bounced a fussy baby and when we attempted to switch she started screaming. Eric ended up taking her out to sit and wait in the car while Scotty and I finished. Of course, that was when Scotty decided he needed to get to a bathroom right then so I grabbed my diaper bag and hustled him to the bathroom. Fortunately I caught out waiter's eye on the way and told him we'd be back, as I didn't want them clearing our table or thinking we'd skipped out without paying! Overall a nice evening out as a family....or something like that! Sometimes you just have to laugh to keep from going crazy.

And now for Cute Outfit Friday, featuring both Larsen ladies. Our blog also got a new look so if you're reading this via email or RSS feed pop over and let me know what you think!

out and about--before she got crazy

"what are you lookin' at?" - strike a pose

"hey look! i'm still cute!"

"not so sure about this..."

"ok, just kidding, i still like you mom"

adding a little flair

her best attempt at a sassy face

kissy face (hmm, I'm starting to remind myself of TAMN)

the Larsen girls. I think her eyebrows are the same shape and color as my mom's...

My "cute outfit friday" only it was Sunday...
On Saturday I took some "me time" and checked out a local craft boutique. I decided I needed an update to prevent frump mom from setting in so I got a trendy little fabric headband (click on the picture to see it larger). Coming in handy already as those baby fists snatch my hair tightly and don't let go! I also picked out a gorgeous necklace and bracelet that Eric is giving me for Christmas :o) He considers it a win-win situation as I get exactly what I want and he doesn't have to stress about finding the perfect gift amidst busy days at work and traveling. The only downside is that I don't get to show them off for a few more months!

2 thoughts:

April said...

I can't see the new headband! I need a close up picture. ;) I got one from a friend for my birthday, I LOVE IT!!! It is perfect to spruce up the mom hair-do of up and away from little hands! Can't wait to see you in a few weeks. :)

The Roz's said...

Going out with a small baby is so tough sometimes. I remember we were eating outside at Pei Wei when Ian was ity bity and this guy let the gate that goes around the patio slam. Ian screamed and the guy says "Oh, did I do that?" Duh! The rest of our meal was just like you listed above. Course now Ian feeds himself and tells us what he does or doesn't want... what I'm trying to say is, it goes by quick.
Super cute pictures! Alyssa's a sweet baby =D