Saturday, August 21, 2010

"I love Alyssa so much, mama!"

Our sweet little girl has the boys wrapped around her tiny finger. Scotty bursts into our room each morning and greets us with "I love Alyssa so much, mama!" He is always asking if he can hold her, kiss her, see her toes, and help change her diaper. This morning he brought a whole stack of books to read to her. Yes, he has his moments and there is a fair share of whining and resisting about everything else (he is 3, after all), but he LOVES being a big brother and tells everyone about his sister. For her part, she will stop crying to look at him or watch him play with toys. I told Eric she probably recognizes Scotty's voice more than his--after all, waist level at our house for the past year has been filled with constant, high volume Scotty chatter.

And then there is Eric. 
 I love seeing this smitten daddy look at his baby daughter!

Of course, dads are different than moms. For instance, Eric got Alyssa dressed today.



In his defense, I interfered with his "system." He first picked out the onesie. Because our house is nice and cool today with all the fans going, I suggested she might need some socks or something on her legs. He couldn't find any pink socks so he pulled out the back ones. And apparently the only pair of leggings or pants we have for her that aren't part of a coordinated outfit are purple and about 3 sizes too big. Oompa loompa circus leg bloomers.

I later swapped the pantaloons for a jean skirt and put a headband with a flower on just because it was still laying out. Much better :o)

2 thoughts:

Brenton and Adree Jensen said...

hehehe way to go, Eric! Yes, sometimes Daddies are challenged in the dressing department, but at least they try! And, it makes for some good laughs! Thanks!

Kira: said...

Awesome. Rich's wardrobe choices for Melody usually consist of whatever she's left lying on the floor- he seems incapable of opening a drawer and finding something clean. So funny.

Sorry you've had all these fun air issues. See you soon!