
That's right. Scotty has replaced his love for mama with more interesting things: sticks and bicycles. Now that the weather is nice (at least sometimes!)
we take lots of long walks and Scotty loves to explore.
His favorite game is "see how many sticks I can hold at one time." He starts with the biggest sticks he can find, but doesn't get upset if they break
(which they always do because he uses them to catapult himself forward or scratch in the dirt) because then he just gets even more stick pieces to hold.
we take lots of long walks and Scotty loves to explore.
His favorite game is "see how many sticks I can hold at one time." He starts with the biggest sticks he can find, but doesn't get upset if they break(which they always do because he uses them to catapult himself forward or scratch in the dirt) because then he just gets even more stick pieces to hold.

Isn't our yard lovely? So much for the grass we worked so hard for! There is some grass under here, but SO many weeds. I'd say it was time for weed killer
but then there would be nothing growing and it will be bare dirt all summmer (again).
Even the rototilling, fertilizer, and grass seed wasn't enough
to make a noticeable difference in the back yard.
*sigh* i'm ready for a real yard!
At least this one is colorful. I kept meaning to take pictures of our rainbow of tulips but I forgot and they all fell apart in the snow on Sunday.
but then there would be nothing growing and it will be bare dirt all summmer (again).
Even the rototilling, fertilizer, and grass seed wasn't enough
to make a noticeable difference in the back yard.
*sigh* i'm ready for a real yard!
At least this one is colorful. I kept meaning to take pictures of our rainbow of tulips but I forgot and they all fell apart in the snow on Sunday.

This was Scotty yesterday--ALL DAY LONG.
He had me wear Eric's helmet while he wore his for at least an hour around the house.
Guess it's time to buy his bike seat again, right Eric?
He had me wear Eric's helmet while he wore his for at least an hour around the house.
Guess it's time to buy his bike seat again, right Eric?

For those who don't know my super efficient husband, here's the story:
For Christmas we bought Scotty a seat that attaches to Eric's bike. We actually got it in November hoping to catch a bit of nice weather before winter set in, but it didn't happen. My parents bought the duck helmet for Scotty's Christmas early as well so he'd be safe. Since we never used the bike seat, and Eric HATES storing things, he returned it and promised to buy it back when it was nice weather again. (Is it a horrible thing to return your child's Christmas present? it made sense at the time...). Scotty recognizes his helmet and tries to climb on every back we pass on our walks, so I would say it's time to get the seat again and take this kid on adventures!
P.S. For the moms and grandmas who never get bored with all things Scotty, there's a running list in the left sidebar of words that scotty is saying and signing...




3 thoughts:
ha ha how cute!
Your dad pointed out to me all the signs and words Scotty has - he is pretty excited. Guess Dad hasn't seen you (and his little guy) recently enough.
I think that's awesome that you returned the bike seat. :) Also, at least your weeds are pretty! I like all the purple! And I also cannot wait to have a yard some day! Yay!
Post a Comment