So the discussion on Sunday about enjoying the "now" moments of your life really got me thinking. The past month was a little rough for all of us, and for the first time I wasn't so sure I really wanted to be a stay at home mom. Scotty is a blast to be with, but he's not old enough to really play with me yet, but doesn't need the constant care and attention that a newborn does. Most days, he wanted me to sit on the floor and watch him play. If I get up or sit somewhere that prevents him from using me a human jungle gym, he gets upset, but it's just not that stimulating to watch a toddler through blocks around for hours everyday.
The past few weeks have been much better and I'm really enjoying the time I get with him again. There are so many moment everyday that make me laugh and make me realize that he won't be like this forever, and I'll miss it when it's gone.
Scotty put on a shoe fashion show for me the other day...he wore this particular "pair" for at least 20 minutes...one black date shoe platform and one beat up tennis shoe
It was a wonderful day! How refreshing to see things through the eyes of child. I think we all get too caught up in things to do and places to go, that we forget to just enjoy the ride.
Scotty's newest trick: "running." It's more of a lopsided gallop/hop/dance, but it's hilarious and he gets so excited to be able to move quickly!





3 thoughts:
megan life in provo with cute scotty looks pretty fun from where i'm sitting in my cubicle right now. :) that running is so so cute. i'm glad you're enjoying the time with him. hope i get to see you in arizona sometime soon!
I totally know what you mean about not being so sure about being a stay at home mom... gratefully with the break in school I've been able to enjoy my time with Callie more. And it helped me to realize I won't be a student and a mom forever... :)
Meg, Can I just say that Scotty is an adorable little guy. Thanks for letting us baby sit him. It makes me look forward to when Eliza can walk. I feel like I haven't had a chance to chat with you in forever - we need to go walking together sometime this week!
Annicka
Post a Comment