Now that I've slept off this weekend's exhaustion, I'm feeling much better about everything. I love Conference weekend because it always makes me feel so hopeful and motivated to do better!
Some days being a parent is really hard, and others, it's the best thing in the world. Today I love being a mom! Instead of trying to get my school stuff done early or trying to do "my" stuff, I decided to just love being a mom and play with my little boy while he still thinks I'm the coolest person ever.
He totally cracks me up! Funny morning moments:
* he loves this big purple bouncy ball his Grandpa bought him at the dollar store for Christmas. He's really good and throwing it and pretty good at kicking it, so we're working on catching. The problem is, every time I tell him to put his arms out, he carefully folds them! He'll stand there with his arms folded while the ball bounces off his stomach....so funny!
* this morning he decided to use his bouncy ball like an exercise ball and walked himself around the front room on his stomach
* after reading his Dog book (which is hilarious because he imitates all the dog sounds), he pranced around the front room on his hands and knees picking up cheerios with his mouth. Gross, but I clean my floors regularly and it was pretty cute.
* we watched a few minutes of Bambi before his nap, and while I'm old enough to realize that it is the slowest and most plot-less movie ever, he loves it! He loves watching the animals bounce around, and gets really concerned when they get scared of the hunters. He popped right out of his rocking chair and put his face against the TV and started yelling "go! go!" to the bunnies.
On a more personal note, I actually got to read my scriptures this morning! I usually only find time at night after he's asleep, which works, but sometimes I need a little boost to get me out of my morning funk and that just doesn't happen often with a toddler. It's not exactly peaceful or enlightening to study over screaming or fight over the book...but this morning, I asked him if he wanted to read books and instead of bringing me his touch and feel alphabet book (thanks, Sarah!), he brought me Eric's scripture case. Then he sat quietly in my lap for FIFTEEN MINUTES flipping through the miniature hymn book while I read out loud. It was so amazing and so nice! He's a great example to me :o) Having a son of my own gives me a totally new perspective on Easter.
Why Should You Get Custom Shades?
7 years ago




2 thoughts:
Hey, I'm sorry you had a rough weekend! I'm glad Scotty is starting to feel better though. I tried to drop in last night with some fresh warm cookies, but you were out. Are you going to be home sometime tonight or tomorrow? The cookies won't be warm but they're still good:)
What a blessing this morning! That's so sweet that he did that. :) And while he may be having a rough time with the whole catching concept, I hope that means he's good at folding his arms for prayers!
Post a Comment