Sunday, October 19, 2008

You are all amazing...


So I just had a thought reading through everyone's blogs--I have some amazing friends! I can't help but smile at pictures of your cute kids and glimpses of your "ordinary" lives...thanks for letting me share it all with you. Right now I have friends rock climbing in Thailand and serving in the Peace Corp in Bulgaria. Some friends are amazing photographers (ahem, Mel and Alisa, ahem) and gourmet chefs, AMAZING seamstresses (have you checked the Millar's blog recently? holy cow!) creative scrapbookers, graduate students of all types (woo, go Sarah!) and overall fantastic friends and mothers (all of you!). I am so excited for those of you who just had babies (Misty, April, Kayla, Ashley, Shay, Lachelle...) and those of you who are expecting (Sarah, Mimi, Cali, Mamie, Kamis, more I don't know about yet?) I miss the people who have moved on with their lives, finished school, who have real jobs and are buying houses (yay Liz!), and I am grateful for all of my mommy friends in Provo who let me stop by unannounced to visit. What a wonderful group of people you all are! Thanks for brightening my life :o)





As you can tell, I'm full of sunshine today. Interesting, because I left Eric behind in Provo (and forgot my cell phone charger so I'm incommunicado!) and Scotty woke me up at 5:30am, but it's wonderful to look back over the last year and see how much has changed. Scotty has gotten so big, I've learned a lot about being a mom, and best of all, I feel a million times better than I did this time last year. It seems like the pregnancy hormones have finally regulated (though still with a little help from medication) and it is wonderful to be my happy, optimistic and energetic self again!


P.S. Scotty snuck into nursery today and never looked back...they said he was great and I haven't had so much time to myself in years! Can hardly wait four more months till he is "legal."

3 thoughts:

Sarah Roberts said...

Love and admire you too Meg!!!!

April said...

have a fun trip. :)

RAL said...

ahh that was such a sweet post meg! I'm glad that things are going so well for you guys and I love following your fun life with your cute family on your blog. Thank goodness for blogs since i live so far away from so many of my friends and family. :)