Sunday, October 5, 2008

General Conference!

As most of you know, we are members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (aka the Mormons) and this weekend was our general conference! Twice a year, members all over the world gather to hear messages of hope and inspiration from the leaders of the church. All in all, we hear 8 hours of sermons and hymns in a two-day period (10 hours for the guys!). I really appreciated the many mentions of finding peace and joy despite hard times or worries :o) I'll post my favorite quotes over the next few weeks.

The men of the church gather for a special session Saturday night, so we always have a girls night while the guys are otherwise occupied. This year, Eric's family drove out for the weekend and it was wonderful to see them! So sad it was only two days...Eric's mom Leanne is practically a saint, and she spent some quality time with Scotty so I could have a little break. You are wonderful, mom! Eric's sister Bekah and her best friend Andrea (who's practically part of the family) came over for some girl time. We watched episodes of the Office and gave each other pedicures. I also kicked some major bum playing Ticket to Ride.
Scotty didn't want to miss out either, though I refrained from painting his toenails because I was pretty sure Eric wouldn't be a fan. He actually climbed into the foot spa with Andrea all on his own. He even tried to take a bath or two...

The weather went from 80 and sunny to bitter cold rain this weekend, and it's been dripping non-stop since Friday night. Still, the drastic change from summer to winter makes for some great fall colors!
We took a drive up to Sundance to enjoy the view (yes, as in the "Sundance film festival"--the resort is like 20 minutes from our house just up Provo Canyon).Gorgeous, huh? This is probably the only thing I'll miss about Provo except for the people and the public library.

P.S. Baby Max--you can come out now! your room decorations are done!

2 thoughts:

April said...

It makes me sad to miss girls night! :( It sounds like tons of fun, and you only won at Ticket to Ride because I wasn't there to play! :)

Yes, Mom is a saint. She helps me keep my sanity here at home.

You will be suprised how much of Provo you miss once you leave. The mountians, people, library - are on my list for sure. Plus our peditrician, my ob's, my family, BYU football games, our insurance agent, car mechanic, and being able to walk EVERYWHERE! Those are a few things I still miss!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous pictures! And Bekah you look adorable - love the glasses!
No photos of Leanne - are saints like angels and sometimes invisible??
Love from Jeanni
p.s. Max finally came out yesterday, since Meg finished his letters at last!