Ok Sam, here we go: 5 things (sorry I never did the picture one--i don't have any pics on my computer from more than a year ago...)
5 Things I was doing 10 years ago: let's see, i was fourteen, and a freshman in high school?
1. competitive gymnastics! last i checked i could still do a backflip but it's been a few years...
2. october means the AZ state fair; my mom and I used to always bake and create things and enter them in the fair...$5 per blue ribbon adds up! (and my mom paid my entry fees so it easy money for me!)
3. orchestra. i begged my mom to buy my violin for years and then only played for four years--just ran out of time! sorry mom!
4. the school musical "Damn Yankees" where i played a host of random characters, including the world's smallest and least mannish looking baseball player you can imagine
5. hoping to be taller than 5' when i grew up! i didn't break that mark until sophomore year.
5 Things on my "To Do" list today:
1. get fingerprints for my AZ background check so I can complete my teacher certification process! (didn't happen, boo BYU!)
2. clean the house
3. take Scotty for a walk
4. make yummy/healthy dinner out of random food found in cupboards
5. go to the BYU women's soccer game with the fam
5 Snacks i love (i only get to pick five?!)
1. junior mints
2. peanut m&m's
3. ice cream, especially anything that has more than three words in the title and contains fudge and or marshmallows
4. grapes. (gotta have something healthy!)
5. chips and salsa, but i'm a weeny about hot and spicy, so i dip my chip in just a little bit for the flavor instead of scooping a bunch of salsa into my mouth
5 Things i would do if I were a millionaire
1. buy our little cottage, tear the thing down, and make it NICE!
2. pay for my school loans outright
3. take a year off to travel (and get Eric off the North American Continent!)
4. buy a beautiful grand piano and set up a recording studio in my house
5. have a house with doors and closets!
5 Places i've lived
1. the avenues in salt lake (as a baby!)
2. ohio
3. arizona
4. BYU dorms
5. our cozy cottage by the library
5 Jobs i've had
1. piano teacher (from 8th grade to senior year--anyone in Provo interested in lessons?)
2. movie theater usher/ticket taker. yeah. great perks though!
3. cold stone creamery--i also got to decorate ice cream cakes
4. chemistry instructor (yay!) and graduate student (...)
5. MOM! best mom ever!
I tag my mom (the other best mom ever ;o), Janae, Martha Harmon (thanks for finally updating your blog!), and my old roomie Liz. Have fun!
Why Should You Get Custom Shades?
7 years ago




2 thoughts:
tht is some cool random facts about you...and yes...I am interested in piano lessons
How sweet you are - thank you for the "best mom" comment :) You ARE a terrific mother!
10 years ago I was the happy mom of sweet teenagers. How did you grow up so fast?!
Places I've lived:
Utah, Wyoming, Idaho with my parents. On my own it's New York, Florida, Connecticut, Paris France. With dad Utah, Ohio, and Arizona.
I always say:
"It's not worth moving unless you go at least 2000 miles."
and
"Your dad and I only live in states that begin with a vowel. AND with increasing number of syllables for each state. AND we only live in state capitol cities."
Salt Lake City, U-TAH
Columbus, O-HI-O
Phoenix, A-RI-ZO-NA
I don't think we can find another state . . .
Missed goals:
Hike everest (yeah not)
Visit every temple in the world (I've got over 25, but every time Pres Hinckley gave a talk I got farther behind!)
Earn a PhD - first baby came during grad school . . .
Run a marathon (I crack myself up)
Write a book - wait I did that!
Swim in the seven seas - check!
Become a fabulous woman, wife and mother - (no deadline here, so that's good)
Post a Comment