Monday, October 31, 2011

Halloween Wizardy

So, I have a master's degree in education. That's cool. But the really cool part? My graduation robes.

Yes, I'm 8 months pregnant in this picture, thanks for noticing!

The minute I laid eyes on that robe I knew I was in Hogwarts heaven--hooray for Gryffindor! Somehow, I completely forget about them LAST Halloween, and ended up joining Alyssa as a fairy.

Not this year, though. I even got Eric and Alyssa in on the act.

Scotty took this picture. Pretty good I'd say!

I'll try to get some better pictures of the full getup. And the best part? Our costumes cost $3. $1 each for the glowstick wands, and $1 for an ugly floral tie from Goodwill that I painted. Awesome! I'll have to take a picture of the hand-stitched Gryffindor crest (thank you, leftover felt).

In case you can't tell from the picture above, Alyssa is rocking Halloween this year as our personal owl. Fits with the big eyes and screeching, I'd say.

My what big eyes you have!


Lest you think Scotty escaped the Hogwarts action, here is the costume he picked this year:
Nope, I didn't make this one! $9 from Kid to Kid
"breathe us fire, breathe us fire, breathe us fire, little dragon!"
They have dragons at Hogwarts right? Little ones? I thought so. I felt a little bad that I made everyone else's costumes, but really, I'm not that good so I never could have pulled of the dragon he wanted. I compensated by hot gluing felt to his trick or treating bucket. Now he thinks he can breathe fire :o)







Happy Halloween!

P.S. In case you are wondering, these pictures are from Saturday's trunk-or-treat at church. I consider it a practice run :o)

P.P.S. Don't worry, the Larsenland Nerdiness continues. We've already started constructing our annual Halloween Candy graphs in excel...

2 thoughts:

Kira: said...

Love it! Might steal it for next year- I have a graduate robe sitting around too!

Hannah Neville McMillan said...

so cute!!!! He doesn't have it in him... he doesn't have it in him, he doesn't doesn't doesn't doesn't have it in him!!!!