Sunday, November 6, 2011

...when Grammy comes!

"It's always fun when Grammy comes, when Grammy comes--hooray!"

My mom's mom took a two week/three state tour and we loved having her around. We packed a lot into just a few days, but here are some of the AZ highlights (we didn't join them on the trip out to Iowa or Nauvoo, Illinois).

The State Fair
I know, I know, it's missing the "P" in "Producers"--dang camera phones!

The butterfly exhibit! With high tech butterfly feeders: Q-tips

Wiggle riders. You just wiggle and they skate around. Never mind the fact that my knees are bumping me in the chin, it was fun!

The Farm
"and the corn is as high as an elephant's eye...."

riding the barrel train

I'm fortunate to NOT have a copy of me attempting to ride one of those bounce ponies you see in the background....

Larsen Scarecrows

Does it still count if you don't actually buy or carve a pumpkin?

My grammy is so cool.

The Zoo
wait for it....

Got it!

The Stingray Whisperer
The stingrays liked Grammy so much they would stop moving when they reached her. A few even tried to swim up the side of the wall just to get more attention from her!

Lots of quality time





"it's always fun for everyone when Grammy comes!"

We love you, Grammy Hepworth! Scotty is already talking about what things he wants to do the next time you come to visit :o)

P.S. If you're seeing this post through email or reader, click over to the actual blog to check out the new look! I thought it was time for a facelift...

1 thoughts:

Hannah Neville McMillan said...

so fun! I wish I could have been there too!!!