Thursday, October 6, 2011

"I Know Everything Now!"

The Scottish never ends around here. A few gems from the past 24 hours.

Scene 1: Our fabulously green backyard.
Scotty is running around in circles on the lawn playing a variety of games with a friend. Because the Diamondbacks are currently in the NL playoffs, Scotty has taken to cheering for himself, baseball style. Alyssa gets in on the action by clapping along.
"Let's go, Scotty-d-backs, *clap*clap*clap clap clap*" he yells, waving his bat in the air (he bats left, by the way). "Throw the ball to me, mama!"
He swings, connects, and sends the ball flying....two feet away.
"I get to run!" he yells, taking off, while I pretend to chase him. "Look how far I made it, mama!" he says when I don't catch him. "I'm safe on the first endzone!"

I guess we're still football fans at heart here in Larsenland.



Scene 2: the kitchen table
Scotty is doing his "homework" for preschool, which involves reciting some poems and nursery rhymes, and writing his name 5 times by himself. What used to take lots of attention and help from mama now gets done in seconds, and amazingly well.
"Scotty, look how much you've learned since you started school," I said, showing him some of his best letters and tracings.
"I know!" he exclaimed excitedly, "I know EVERYTHING now!"

And I am just beginning to learn how much you can love someone who makes your head spin :o)

1 thoughts:

Kira: said...

I know EVERYTHING now!.... I love it! :-)