I got to spend TG with my mom's family out in the boonies of Escalante National Monument, and it was a great vacation!. We had hiking, food, snow, NERTS, and family!
Why I love my family: my uncle Roark agreed to pay his son $5 to jump into the freezing water...it started snowing 10 minutes later! Of course, we all egged him on.
Eric was such a good sport about hauling Scotty around--even straight up! This is the entrance to Peek-a-boo Slot Canyon.
Check out the amazing slideshow below.
First, my list of simple blessings:
Cough drops and mucinex. the adorable smile Scotty gets when he runs to give me hugs. peanut m&m's for adding protein to my junk food diet. hearing sweet singing over the baby monitor. crock-pot food that makes me feel domestic. Christmas decorations! FM 100 for playing non-stop Christmas music since Halloween. the dollar store, for letting me satisfy my shopping craving on a budget. all of my pregnant friends, for letting me live vicariously in your excitement without the sickness! online giveaways and spider solitaire, for distracting me from doing school work. pajama pants. my super-helpful and supportive husband. my SAHM neighbors for preserving my sanity. 2 weeks off meds without an emotional breakdown and genuinely feeling NORMAL again! people who update their blogs frequently. digital cameras because I'm not a scrapbooker and I never print anything. toddler cds from the library for making me feel less silly singing nursery rhymes (scotty just stares at me....and then claps). having my own piano. good book recommendations. All of you reading this!







4 thoughts:
yay for simple blessings!!! Congrats on the meds!
Sounds like you guys had a great time! That's so cool you know how to play NERTS. I haven't met too many people that have even heard of it. Maybe it is an Arizona thing?
Whoa! That Eric & Scotty climbing video is an amazing thing. Go Eric!
I'm really struggling on the movie trivia--AFTER cheating and looking at other people's I only got a couple. Maybe we need to watch more movies instead of playing games!
Post a Comment