Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Christmas crafts.

So I got all creative the past week or so and decided I needed to make something. I modge-podged a wooden "Believe" sign from the dollar store, thinking that would work it out of my system. It didn't. So i decided to finish Scotty's quiet book for christmas--which is a huge task because I hadn't done a thing since Janae moved! I doubt I'll finish it in time but i've made progress and so far it's really cute, I think :o) not spiritual, but occupying.



I used Janae's idea for a tent with a zipper. When I proudly displayed my first completed page to Eric, he asked me what was inside the tent. WHAT? inside? I asked him what *should* be inside the tent...and he calmly replies "a bear." Guess i'm never going camping with him again!






But hey--ask and ye shall receive. One bear in the tent coming right up.







This page didn't turn out as cute, but hopefully it's entertaining. I designed it so each flap could velcro down, and when you lift it up...







...it says "CSOTT" . Perfect!







Before Janae left, i copied her idea of making a cute face...but then realized that I probably shouldn't give Scotty long hair to braid. So I had to find something else to do with the cute face I had worked so hard on. The page on the right has three pockets...





Presenting, Scotty the Clown! I put magnets behind the face in certain spots, and made funny felt pieces to magnet on...how clever I am!







I think maybe I had a little to much fun doing this.








Here he is imitating his uncle Andrew!









And little Scottette...so sweet!






I also made this cute button shirt. You'll notice the buttons form a traffic light, so we can teach Scotty early about daddy's crazy driving... ;o) love you, Eric!




I still need at least 3 more ideas to fill the pages i have before I can put it together. Ideas, please?

THEN, Martha mentioned that it would be fun to make advent calendars, even though it was already the first week of december. i got hooked on the idea, got some free fabric from freecycling, designed an advent calendar, and put the whole thing together. Yes, it's the 16th of December, but the extra candy didn't go to waste because i ate it while i sewed!
It's all fabric and the days are pockets for candy and notes.


We've made a family rule that in order to get you have to give--whenever you can take something out you have to replace it with a paper saying something nice you did for someone else, something you accomplished, a cool scripture you read that day, compliments about how amazingly fabulous your wife is, etc. Eric's pretty motivated by candy :o)


P.S. I posted a ton of pictures in the next post, so keep scrolling down!

5 thoughts:

Anonymous said...

Meg, you are so creative! I love the bear in the tent, the bright shirt, the scotty-potatohead, and the wonderful advent tree. Great work - you are amazing!
Love Mom

Sarah Roberts said...

tht is awesome meg! you should teach classes or sell them or something- i bet you would make a lot of money

Lindsay said...

Way to go Megan! I love your Quiet Book ideas and the advent calendar as well! You did a great job!

Jenae said...

I have never been so proud! To bad I didn't stay in Provo then you could have finished it earlier! I wish I could see it. Hey did you ever finish that skirt you started while I was there?

Sarah Roberts said...

i would love for you to come visit me more!