Last Friday, Eric's brother watched Scotty for us while we headed to Salt Lake with the Birk's for the MoTab Christmas concert. A real date! Hours away from our child! We even got to dress up! Unfortunately traffic was insane and we didn't get in, but we had a good time checking out the lights and eating ice cream.
This spot holds a special place in my heart: it was the first time I was ever kissed in the snow! It was even with Eric ;o) Aah, freshman year...
Next time, Eric will bring a coat.Since we're in a student ward, almost everyone heads home for the holidays. So this past Sunday was our Christmas program (my voice came back just for the day so I could sing in the choir). We got Scotty dressed all spiffy, and he matched Madsen. These boys are so fun to watch together--they're 3 days apart and have been creating chaos since day one.
Fast forward 17 years and they'll be dressed the same, only headed for Prom.Eric tried to get some family pictures of Scotty all spiffy and my new red shoes...that was an adventure because Scotty got yet another tooth breaking through on Sunday! Still, a few cute ones.
Aren't those hot red shoes? Too bad you can't see the side--they're actually VERY tall heels.
It's been snowing, here in Provo, and let me tell you--our cottage looks MUCH better hidden under a blanket of white! Course once it starts melting and mixes with road slush, we'll have sunk to an all new low. Still, I figured I owed to Scotty to let him actually try the snow out before we move to Phoenix and never have to live in it again.
He loved it. Unless he fell down, he happily sang and played for almost an hour. Though he didn't like the Scotty angel I made much...
Getting out for the first time...
Shoveling the path (a la Fred Flintstone)





5 thoughts:
Haha, those were the good old snowy days, when you were so bundled you were a square.
I'm not really missing it much :)
Love MOm
such a beatuiful little family
I LOVE the shoes! I can't wait to see them in person (you will be bringing them right?), why do you have to have such small feet?! (Probably so I don't steal them!) BTW, we should all wear our red shoes and take a picture! See you in a few days.
I really do love the shoes. You have guts to wear them (I'd probably fall). They looked great on you on Sunday!
I have been looking and looking for great red shoes! Where did you find them? We miss you guys but we don't miss the snow all that much. Merry Christmas!
Post a Comment