Yesterday turned out to be a day full of unexpected things!
I took Scotty for a quick walk to the Provo library to return a book and ended up on a little adventure...now that I have internet at home (fabulous!!) I don't spend my time trying to pacify him while I check my email, but it also shortens our time out of the house. So, even though I only meant it to be a quick trip--I had no makeup on and didn't even bring the diaper bag or anything for Scotty--the weather was so nice we went for a long walk.
From the library we went to the duck pond, where we saw 20 ducks ("bwack bwacks" according to Scotty), 3 turtles, and a doe. Yes, a rather large female deer in the bushes just behind the duck pond, at 2 in the afternoon in early August. So we decided to explore a bit more, and on the path at the south side of campus we found her three fawns! So little still, with spots and everything...too bad I didn't bring the camera! Scotty liked the ducks best, but he also thought the fawns were interesting, and they were apparently very used to people as we almost got close enough for him to pet them!
Since we were gone so long already, we walked over to meet Eric as he got out of class. On our way home, we saw a group of people in matching BYU shirts standing around the Cosmobile and got curious. Turns out, they were filming part of the Cosmo videos they show during the third quarter break at home football games! SWEET! Of course, we volunteered to help out--including Scotty, because it wouldn't be a BYU movie without a cute kid, would it? We spent the next 20 minutes running around and pushing the stroller on the south side of campus and chasing up Maeser hill...
SO--look for the three of us during football games later this year cuz we're in there somewhere!
As an added bonus, we know the storyline behind this year's cosmo series, and we all got free T-shirts. As if Eric wasn't already obsessed with BYU football this year...
Why Should You Get Custom Shades?
7 years ago




3 thoughts:
See how I check your blog daily?!
This is such an amazing story! Thanks for sharing.
Love Mom
your posts are so fun and entertaining to read I love coming to your blog, and your son is so adorable. Sounds like you guys had fun and a good workout participating in the cosmo commercial.
just be grateful that he didn't see the ducks forcefully mating like poor Mad. I think she is still scarred. haha.
Post a Comment