1. I'd like to welcome Janae to blogging! (Yay, our nagging was finally enough!) The link to her blog is in the 201st ward list.
2. I finally succumbed and read the first three books of the twilight series. I've had mixed feelings about them overall--I'm not thrown by the vampire/werewolf thing, but am bugged by the "being obsessed with beautiful boy who i barely know but have decided i could never live without" and the seemingly controlling/possessive relationship...but i admit, by the end of the third book I was finally starting to understand her relationship with Edward, was glad she finally admitted she also loved Jacob, but was actually glad she didn't choose jacob because he'd been an arrogant prick most of the book. I guess I defected from Team Jacob to Team Edward.
Moral of the (long-winded) Story: Does anyone have a copy of Breaking Dawn I can borrow? I'm not in the least bit tempted to drool on it...
3. I want to get pictures of Scotty taken while he's still so completely adorable, but I was not to keen on JCPenny's or Sear's. Does anyone have recommendations about photographers to use or not use?
4. I think I got this out to most people, but I didn't have email addresses for everyone, sorry! Consider yourself invited if you're interested, and if not, well, I'll just have to eat your cake for you...
![]() |
| Make a Smilebox postcard |
5. I am LOVING my education program--I even enjoy reading the textbooks sometimes! I'm also totally rocking, which is a nice little boost for my academic self-confidence after dropping out of my first master's program. This time I really will be Master Megan!
6. I am totally cracking up reading this mock-blog to Eric...check it out if you need a break or a chance to laugh at yourself! http://seriouslysoblessed.blogspot.com
7. I love the Olympics! I've ventured over to campus and the dorms a few times to watch the gymnastics coverage, but as we have no TV reception at home I've been watching the live internet feeds in the middle of the night...some highlights: discovering judo and archery, and actually understanding the rules of fencing (though I still can't really follow it), being able to watch all of the gymnastics routines (after the fact) instead of just the highlights on TV, and watching the US women's soccer team pull-out a steal of a win over the much better brazilian team LIVE, without knowing in advance that Michael Phelp's pulled off an amazing 0.01 second win...err, you get what I mean.





4 thoughts:
Charles found the seriously so blessed blog and thinks it's hilarious too. It makes me sick. I guess I just hope that no one investigating the church reads it and thinks it represents our church or our members.
I've heard raves about Portrait Innovations, there's one in the Riverwoods. They take amazing pics and have great prices: http://www.portraitinnovations.com/special_offers.html
I am glad that you finally caved to the pressure and read the twilight series. I couldn't agree with you more the Bella/Edward relationship bugging me. It wasn't until book 4 that I really switched from team Jacob to team Edward, but i think I had it coming at the end of book three. Good luck on finding a copy!!
That fake blog is soooo funny!!!
I am sad that you guys haven't been able to watch the olympics every night for about 4 hours like we do!! :) It has been fun.
I have Breaking Dawn and will probably be done with it tomorrow night. If you haven't found a copy to borrow yet, you're welcome to mine. It's pretty good; I won't leave any spoilers, but you'll have to let me know how you're liking it.
Do you still need to borrow Breaking Dawn? I found your switch from Team Jacob to Team Edward interesting. I still prefer Jacob to Edward though, but not for Bella. She doesn't deserve Jacob haha, but I like how it all ends up with everyone in Book 4. I'll say more once you've let me know that you have read it. Then I can defend my feelings. ;) Let me know! Also, your blog design is amazing!
Post a Comment