Well, it's official--we're back in Provo. Our house is even reasonably in order--after unpacking and clearing the layer of dust from everything, now we just need to fix the lawnmower so we can mow the weeds. For those of you who have been lucky enough to visit our cozy cottage, would you have ever guessed we had tulips? in a variety of colors? even in patches in the middle of our "lawn"? Neither would I, but there they are!
Just wanted to add a few quick thoughts of funny things from the past few weeks. I've been covering distance inside our little house unpacking, and every few steps I would look down and think "is the carpet wet? why is it wet? do we have another leak or something?" I would wipe it up as best I could and continue my unpacking, only to find another wet spot a few feet over 10 minutes later...I was about to call a plumber to come check our pipes when it dawned on me: we have a crawling baby with a major drool problem! Yeah--so much for wearing clean socks, mom!
Eric was looking forward to Provo for friends and BYU football, but one cold day (50ish) was enough to make him emphatically declare that he was "done with cold!" He wants to move back to Phoenix tomorrow--but of course he still has one more year of school before they award him any degrees...
anyway, the week before we left Provo we were running errands for my mom when Eric struck up a conversation with a man wearing an ASU hat. He said he got the hat for free, and he likes ASU, but what he really likes is BYU. Eric got so excited--BYU! No way! Someone in Phoenix knows BYU! "I go there!" he says. "How do you know about BYU?!" The guy didn't respond, but just kind of looked at him. Eric couldn't figure out why this guy wasn't really excited to meet another Y fan, and wondering how this man even knew we were BYU students either...
He climbed back into the car to tell me about it when it dawned on him: we were dropping things off at Deseret Industries...
Ok, not our brightest week!
To all our Provo-ite friends--feel free to come by and visit! We've missed you!
Why Should You Get Custom Shades?
7 years ago




2 thoughts:
yay you're back
Boo, you're gone. (Hi Sarah)
Jeanni/Mom
Post a Comment