The heels of my shoes don't "click-clack" across marble office floors or a courtroom--they "crunch" cheerios and abandoned toys.
My clothes are specially washed in baby drool and pressed by tiny hands.
My idea of the perfect business suit is one in which no stains, spills, or spit-up ever shows; stays in place and covers what it should-even with flailing arms yanking at the edges or constant bending, lifting, pulling, and cleaning; and makes it easy and convenient to nurse a squid in public.
My working lunch is chasing a crawling baby around the house with a sandwich in one hand.
My day begins whenever I hear a little peep from the other room, and it ends as he closes his big blue eyes--only to begin again the second he's asleep.
No one applauds when I finish speaking, but when I walk into a room, little hands climb up my pant legs and little eyes stare up at me in wonder.
My name and title isn't engraved into a plaque sitting on my nicely furnished desk--but it's obvious by the diaper hanging out of my purse and the bits of graham cracker evident on my floor, couch, counter, table...
I am a chemist, a teacher, a musician, a storyteller, a housekeeper, an inventor, an interior decorator, a fashion consultant, a medic, the CEO herself, a chef, a PR consultant, a receptionist, a counselor, and overall domestic engineer, but most of all--
I Am a Mother.
I hope you all had a wonderful mother's day and you find the small moments in life that make you sit back and wonder how you got so lucky. To my wonderful mother and the world's best mother-in-law, thank you for everything you do! You are both such examples to me of what motherhood is all about. To Eric--thank you for letting me get the hang of this mother thing, and for all of your love, support, and patience. And Scotty, my little man, thank you most of all for letting me be your mama!
Why Should You Get Custom Shades?
7 years ago




2 thoughts:
Your post made me smile!
And I couldn't agree more, I am pretty sure we share the world's best mother-in-law!
You are also a great writer--did you mention that? It'll be fun to hang out when we're back. I haven't other moms to hang out with here and definitely miss it!
Post a Comment