Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Christmastime

Christmas was a very fluid concept for us this year. We were driving back out to Colorado and since most of Scotty's presents went with the amazing kitchen my parents bought for him, it didn't make sense to transport them. Eric's theory was that if we were doing Christmas early anyway, we should just really do it early. I finally caved to the whining (Eric's, not Scotty's) and made an event of it so it still felt like Christmas. It was technically still November.

that counts as a Christmas tree, right?


Eric surprised me with a new bedding set, which I've been wanting since we bought a house. I scored on Black Friday this year so he got 2 new seasons of the Office and Lego Harry Potter for the Wii.
Once in Colorado we had a fabulous Christmas eve with cousins, though it was noticeably different than usual. Christmas Eve in the Larsen family is always with Grandma Gay and we missed her this year. I made an effort to take pictures because it's usually Grandma Gay behind the camera and sending out shots to everyone. Still we had a fabulous meal and a surprise visit from Santa.

Everytime we went to the mall I asked Scotty if he wanted to go meet Santa and he was never interested, so it was fun to actually be able to snap a pic.

Alyssa was totally into it.

 We had a blast doing the rest of Christmas properly, as in, on Christmas morning and with a real tree, a fireplace, and stockings. Scotty was excited about his presents even though most of what was left were the functional things, like socks and shirts and pajamas. He's a sweet kid :o)


2 thoughts:

Anonymous said...

Love how Alyssa was "totally into Santa" haha. Cute pix of Scotty and your family. Except Leanne :)
Glad Lyssabelle got to wear the elf suit! Are the pom poms still on the toes?

April said...

I want to see a picture of this new bedding! :) It was fun to spend christmas with you guys!