Friday, December 3, 2010

What a difference a week can make.

Also known as "The Colorado Cure."

I have video proof that a week in Colorado with cousins and family has cured my child.

Two days before the long drive. Hysterics. Eyes swelling shut. Frantic arm flailing. Babies have distinctive cries that can be interpreted to have different meanings. I call this one "Weeping, Wailing, and Gnashing of Teeth." It is interpreted to mean: "GET ME OUT OF MY CAR SEAT!"

I know it's dark, but use your imagine. Isn't that classic?

So we go to Colorado, and she's amazingly well-behaved during the entire drive! On Thanksgiving day, she discovered her voice, and suddenly I'm hearing sweet baby songs from across the room.

How could you not fall instantly in love with this? Totally cured.

Ok, not totally. She is congested and has the most heartbreaking hoarse cry you've ever heard. And she still gets hysterical. But she's a whole new baby compared to the first few months and we are loving it. I hope this means she'll start sleeping more at night!

As a bonus, I got to watch my husband fall madly in love with his little girl during our vacation. Instead of a screaming baby who refused to comfort to him (and was therefore unrewarding to hold), he's become her ultimate protector, full of kisses and snuggles and sweet baby conversations. If the way to a man's heart is through his stomach, the way to a woman's is through her children. Ironic, because the way to a woman's children is also through her stomach....

3 thoughts:

Brooke said...

Hooray for baby breakthroughs! Thanksgiving seemed to have some magical effect on Brady too. He now naps in his crib during the day, which is awesome.

Alyssa is adorable.

Brenton and Adree Jensen said...

that is so sweet!!!

Taylor said...

Hurray! but you seemed totally relaxed during her hysterics too. good job, mama.