Thursday, January 6, 2011

Rub a dub dub

There are a few parenting milestones that really hit home and make me feel like I'm raising my own little family instead of just playing pretend. One was Scotty's first day of nursery. Another was taking a road trip (x4) in the family minivan (handily nicknamed Vanessa). Yet another happened last week, when Scotty had his first full day in primary as a sunbeam. I love seeing him on the front row trying to sing all the songs with me! The newest "real family feeling" happened tonight just before bedtime.



That's right, rub a dub dub, two kids in a tub. Now that Alyssa is reasonably stable by herself, Scotty can provide a little support and leverage and she can play in the big bathtub! She loved swimming her arms and looking at Scotty while he showed her all of his bath toys. After a little bit I asked Scotty if he was ready for me to take Alyssa out so he could have bubbles and splash around and he got upset: "I just want Alyssa in my bathtub, mama. I'll trade the bubbles for my sister." Couldn't ask for a better big brother.

5 thoughts:

Anonymous said...

Sweetest pictures ever. Scotty is kindest gentlest big brother. Precious moment tonight <3

Anonymous said...

p.s. Look how pink your baby is. She looks like a doll with those big eyes.

April said...

awwww, I just got a little teary eyed! That is so sweet that he would trade his bubble bath for his sister...what a good brother!

Jessica Bryan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jessica Bryan said...

I always wished for a big brother! Lucky Alyssa!