Student teaching is going well--it keeps me hopping but I LOVE it. Yesterday we reviewed for their test by making slime and quicksand. Every day I come home feeling grateful that I found the right fit for me--and wondering how it took me so long to realize that I loved teaching. Starting next week it is all me for the next 4.5 weeks, meaning I run the entire show from planning the curriculum to grading all the papers: all my lessons, all my labs, all my hw and quizzes. I've been cramming work in the odd hours after scotty is down for the night and before I wake up at 6:30.
Eric is celebrating his last few days of unemployment by painting my parent's living room around 2 pianos (like I would put mine in storage!). He is excited to start work next Wednesday, though he tells me that he's had a good time staying home with Scotty and his anticipation of work is completely unrelated to the ups and downs of stay-at-home-parenting. He will be shuttling out to LA for the first few weeks for firmwide training.
In other news, we miss our Provo friends a lot but are also starting to feel a little settled around here. I gave up on any boxes that were still unpacked and have found a place to temporarily smash everything. We are looking for a house and seeing many promising areas (and many scary-beyond-all-reason as well.) House hunting runs the entire gamut of anticipation, excitement, and intimidation. We are also starting to make some friends in the ward and are happy to have some nice competitive (aka full of trash talking and dessert) game nights again.
To reward those of you who read this far, here are the last pictures from Scotty's birthday party and the awesome firetruck cake I made. After using practically an entire bottle of red food coloring, giving up, and frosting his firetruck hot pink, I found a spray on cupcake dye that worked like a charm.

Still tasted good, too.




2 thoughts:
yay how fun!!!
GREAT cake, Megan! Scotty is one lucky boy!
You sound like a wonderful teacher; I think they should definitely give you a raise!!!
Post a Comment