Life is BUSY right now and about to get crazier when Eric starts working in less than two weeks.
Here are things I am smiling about right now:
- Having enough to keep me running at school but not enough to knock me over.
- The satisfaction of feeling that a whole STACK of productive things gets done each day.
- Seeing Scotty's face light up when I walk in the door.
- Getting to see Eric the second I'm done with work.
- Sneaking a 20 minute afternoon nap while Scotty hangs out with his much cooler relatives (aka Nana and Papa).
- Switching off days to cook with my parents.
- Being able to leave the house after Scotty is down for the night.
- Hearing Scotty give the rest of us nicknames and interpreting words instead of just imitating.
I miss being home with Scotty, but since I get home around 3:30 each day I still have lots of time with him--especially because he's started getting up at 6:45 to see me each morning! I love teaching and am starting to find that rhythm of getting things in order and switching gears from class to class. I am working madly on my own unit, which has to be done before I start teaching it in just over a week...and I really am getting sold on the idea of living in an extended family unit. Grandparents are wonderful to just have lying around the house ;o)
3 thoughts:
I do miss the feeling of satisfaction at getting so many productive things done each day. I smiled along with you at your list. It's so nice to go out at night when they're in bed. I loved that the 3 weeks we stayed with my in-laws this summer. And I just have to say how happy I am for you that this all worked out, remebering the drama of not being able to finish your masters at BYU. The Lord is so merciful to have things work out His way and not ours. He knows so much better than we do :)
Thanks for the compliment. BUT I was shocked to discover that I am only 2nd coolest ;)
Loved your happy list.
That does sound nice to switch off cooking dinner... Glad you're enjoying your teaching! Good to see that you're doing well. Are you planning on teaching full time sometime? Maybe once the kid(s) are in school?
Post a Comment