This week has been a little stressful: Eric is in LA for training, I am doing double duty between student teaching and writing papers for my class, and Scotty is displaying his own stress by not taking naps and waking up before 6am. Last night I was feeling a little frazzled and in a rush to get him in bed, so when he requested a song I wasn't thrilled about it. I sang the first verse of "I am a child of God" as I backed out of the room, with Scotty quietly humming along.
"I am a child of God, and He has sent me here,
Has given me an earthly home with parents kind and dear.
Lead me, guide me, walk beside me, help me find the way.
Teach me all that I must do to live with Him someday."
When I had my hand on the door he looked up at me with sweet baby eyes and said: "Mama, I'm sent! I was sent!"
Yes you were, my sweet boy. You were sent straight from heaven right to me. I think I needed that reminder.

I hope that someday you are as blessed to have me for a mother as I am to have you for my son.




2 thoughts:
Meg I wish I was Half the mother you are! You are wonderful for Scotty.... . Thanks for your example!
so sweet!
Post a Comment