Friday, September 4, 2009

Moviegoing

We rarely go out to movies, as we could use that money to feed our family for a week and a half. We made an exception to see the new Harry Potter but are restraining ourselves from seeing it a second time until it hits a cheaper theater.

With that in mind, we were so excited to see that this

finally hit the dollar theater! And by dollar I mean $3.00 a ticket, cash only. We wanted to take Scotty and felt we couldn't risk it with people paying so much to hear our child freak out. Turns out our worries were in vain because he was RIVETED the entire time, cuddling on my lap, bouncing to the music, and excitedly pointing out every dog, balloon, bird, and airplane on the screen (and for those of you who have seen it, there are LOTS of dogs, balloons, airplanes and a very large bird).

If you haven't seen it it's definitely worth the money as we all loved it. It will make you laugh and it might even make you cry...at least a little bit. Even Scotty felt inclined to give me some sweet hugs and pats at appropriate times.

The other reason we like this theater (besides cheaper tickets) is that it is full of cool statues and life-size movie figurines....

I've been caught!

Need any more reason to come visit us besides checking out a life-size storm trooper pointing a gun at you? Didn't think so. Come on down, the water's fine.

(P.S. I'm wearing a DV shirt that says "Thunder" on the back, which is our school's mascot. And the pink haze is from neon track lighting; the shirt and the storm trooper are realistically white.)

4 thoughts:

Sarah Roberts said...

how fun! I loved that movie too- super cute

Mimi Collett said...

oooOOOoo a movie review for a good movie! Yay! I wonder when it comes out on video . . . And that is awesome that the theater has a storm trooper!

Melanie said...

Squirrel!!

I saw UP twice and cried in the same two places both times ;-D

Anonymous said...

Great pic. We had so much fun this weekend - movie, Scotty time, OU game, and baseball. Woohoo. It's so fun having you with us. (. . . stay . . . stay . . . )