It's true--I'm an avid reader. I mean, read two novels a week kind of reader. Yes--even with a baby, I just don't sleep sometimes! It all started with Green Eggs and Ham, and since then I'll read just about anything I can get my hands on.
So let's hear it people--what are your favorite books? Any kind of book: religious, biography, non-fiction, romance, chick-lit, mystery, children's, drama... I'll keep updating my summer reading list with books I've completed so far (since May) as part of Provo city's summer reading program (yes--i get a piece of candy for every review i submit. yay, taffy!)
So here are some of my all-time favorites, (at least the ones that come to mind at the moment!) in no particular order:
Anne of Green Gables - L.M. Montgomery
Little Women - Louisa May Alcott
Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy - Douglas Adams
On a Pale Horse - Piers Anthony
Number the Stars - Lois Lowry
Runaway Jury - John Grisham
Les Miserables - Victor Hugo
and, almost any book in Sue Grafton's "letter" alphabet series (the latest is "T is for Trespass")
or any of Anne MacCaffrey's Dragon books, though I think "Dragonrider" is my favorite...
I know I'm forgetting some, so please--share your suggestions! this is probably your only chance to expand my mind ;o)
Why Should You Get Custom Shades?
7 years ago




3 thoughts:
Meg doesnt mention but she learned to read (mysteriously behind my back) when she was about 4. She read "Green Eggs and Ham" to me, then she read it backwards:
".am I Sam,
them like so do I . . ."
and I realized she was actually READING, not reciting! Meg you were always an independent soul! Did you and Drew conspire to teach you to read early?
Books are not my forte unfortuately, but I'm learning to like them. I will definitely recommend a children's book though; it is: "The Monster at the End of this Book" This is my alltime favorite childrens book. I did love Pres. Hinckley's "Standing for Something" and "The Screwtape Letters" by C.S. Lewis is intriging as well. Good luck in your search. Love your blog.
I love READING. So I pretty much have a recommendation for every genre.
Fantasy: The Name of the Wind, The Bone Doll's Twin, Eragon & Eldest
Science Fiction: Stranger in a Strange Land, Dune, Pastwatch by Orson Scott Card, and obviously Ender's Game.
Post Apocolypse (my favorite genre): Lucifer's Hammer, World War Z
Speculative Fiction: The Eyre Affair (seriously, this is awesome).
Historical: Taipan, Shogun.
Western: The Cowboy and the Cossack
My Personal Most Influential: The Fountainhead and Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand.
Brain Candy: The Modesty Blaise Series by Peter O'Donnell, Spenser for Hire series by Robert B. Parker (some swearing though).
Young Adult: The Ring Of Endless Light by Madeleine L'Engle.
And that's just the tip of the iceberg. ask me for more if you want.
oh and Till we Have Faces by C.S. Lewis.
Post a Comment