
Well, it finally feels like summer here in Provo, and Scotty is making good use of the local pools--including his very own baby pool! He figured out how to crawl in and out on his own, so I have to watch him pretty close.

We're super excited to have Eric's sibs here, Bekah and Stephen, for summer term. We plan to make good use of them for games that require more than 2 people, people to hang out with that think we're cool, and maybe the occasional baby sitter.
Eric is not too busy with classes, but finally finishing his last GE this term in addition to working for a local company that produces infomercials. He's staying busy playing with Scotty, playing our Wii, and the new game, Acquire, that I bought on eBay for Father's Day.
I am amazed at how much personality I can see in Scotty even as a baby--this kid is super social and loves to explore! He can sense on open door from the other side of the house and I have to watch before I close anything to not shut him out. He's fearless about crawling away from me to discover anything--bugs in the front yard if I'm getting the mail, everyone in our ward during Relief Society, the entire public library staff...

When we go to Mother's group and he plays with other kids the same thing always seems to happen: Scotty wants to play, so he crawls over by an unsuspecting kid and sits down. Really close. Often on the kid's foot, or leaning against his back. Then the other baby looks up at his mom, his face begins to scrunch up, and he starts screaming. Scotty, however, remains oblivious, happily waving his toys around and making lots of noise. He just loves other people and is unfazed by anything! I often watch other kids in the ward and it's easy for me--Scotty just sees them as another toy :o) He's even learning to play nicely, and starting realize that you can't crawl on baby's faces...yikes.

Go figure.




1 thoughts:
Good luck on the babysitting front.
Stephen-yes loves it, very willing as long as he doesn't have a girlfriend!
Bekah- hates it with a passion. Just babysitting in general. I am pretty sure that in the 2 years we lived here she NEVER watched our boys without grandma's help. And I never have heard of her watching any children to make money. Just not her thing. She may deny it, but she hates to babysit, even adorable Larsen nephews!
Post a Comment