Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Scottish

Life with two kids is always unpredictable. There are a few things I can always count on, however.

1. Eric will happily eat whatever I have thrown together for dinner. Even if this is frozen pizza for the third day in a row. Or leftovers that have been in the fridge for a week already. Or nothing.

2. Alyssa will drool all over her clothes and mine, have crazy hair, and make adorable faces.

3. I will be tired.

4. Scotty will say something that makes me laugh out loud. Recently these have appeared as facebook statuses, but I also keep a few priceless gems in the sidebar.

Some recent highlights:

"You're not my mommy right now. Soon. Maybe later. I think after Christmas."

S: "Nephi and I were fighting. With swords."
Meg: "Why were you fighting Nephi? He's a good guy!"
S: "Nephi was hitting me with a sword because he thought I was a monster. I was hitting him with a sword because I'm awesome."

"I think you're tired, mama. You better go lay down and get more sleep--you're acting cranky."

Maybe I'll make "Scottish" a regular feature, a la the man-child version of  cute outfit Friday...what do you think?

4 thoughts:

Anonymous said...

Excellent post. Just like real life :)

Janice Richardson said...

I love the things kids come up with!

April said...

I love that idea! My boys say funny stuff, but even with a blog to document~ it usually goes in one ear (a good long laugh) and out the other. All I can remember is the laughs!

About the crafting while you are here, I say a huge YES!! Please. I am doing a handmade holiday and it is going to take a lot of work, I would love a partner in crime to keep me company!

You have got to check out my friends blog and comment to try and win a giveaway.

It is down to one week, see you soon!!! :)

Sarah Ewell said...

Classic! I love the reality and the Scottish remarks. He's a hoot! Maybe you should make that a regular.

Glad you're enjoying life, albeit tired. And I love that Scottie told you you should lay down. It's true what they say, "if mom ain't happy, ain't nobody happy."